Followers

Monday 28 November 2016

A Labour of Love

Evening Everyone,
One of the techniques that we have played with over the last few months at Davina's is Zentangle.
Now I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to doodling, I tend to stick with safe and simple straight lines. I have loads of books on the subject for inspiration, but I am not very imaginative without their help.
This card was finished after one such class. 
The flowers and leaves are individual stamps from an old Penny Black set Petal Party.
Of course it is a nice easy one to use for Zentangle as there are lines there all ready for you to fill in with your doodles.
Once I had finished doodling in all of my leaves and flowers I fussy cut, shaped and layered them onto my card.
The centres of the flowers have been covered with Glossy Accents.
The diamond background panel to the card has been die cut and layered onto a DSS Sheet. I added fine glitter but it didn't stick very well so I added a sheet of acetate over the top to stop it from shedding which is of course impossible to photograph properly.
I added some Card Candi to the corner which I also coated with Glossy Accents.
I think that it is about time that I entered a challenge or two so I would like to enter
Crafty Friends Challenge - Blossoms. Use flowers on your creation.


This is a rather less elaborate card using a beautiful Hobby Art Ivy stamp.
I drew the square border around the stamped image using a square stencil that I die cut from a sheet of acetate. I also added some glitz with a Starlight pen.
I would like to enter this into the challenge at
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Holly and Ivy. I hope my card counts with just Ivy on it.
A little more stamping on this one and a black and white border.
I really must try and be a little more adventurous, although I am more than happy with the finished result, as was my Granddaughter who chose the floral card to give to her best friend for her birthday today.
Happy Birthday Flick, hope you had a great day.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful design for you lovely card!!!
    Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card with the ivy for our challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas Challenges Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and so gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Blossoms’ challenge theme… fab zentagle work... hope you can join us for our next challenge and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx